One Week prior to your Scheduled Visit please provide the following:
- Completed Patient Forms (electronically provided*)
- Copies for Dr. Leslie of any recent labs, imaging, and pertinent medical records that you have from the past year.
On the Day of your Appointment
In Person Appointments
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- Wear or bring comfortable loose fitting clothing to your appointment. Pants should roll comfortably above the knee, and shirts should roll comfortably above the elbow. Medical gowns may be provided when necessary.
- Eat a light meal or have a snack a couple of hours before your treatment.
- Bring all medications, herbal formulas, and supplements that you are currently taking for review.
- Please log on to Skype 15 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- Have all medications, herbal formulas, and supplements that you are currently taking available for review.
After Your Treatment
- You will receive an electronic copy of your personalized treatment plan, along with any supporting or educational documents that apply to your plan.
- It is common to feel drowsy and relaxed after an acupuncture treatment, however, some people report feeling more energized or euphoric. This is because acupuncture results in the release of endogenous opioids and other pain control substances secreted by our own body. It also influences serotonin and noradrenaline secretion, along with other hormones such as oxytocin and vasopressin.
- If you are being treated for a musculoskeletal condition with acupuncture or other manual therapies, you may feel temporarily sore after your treatment or experience a transient flare in symptoms, which is typically followed by relief within 24-48 hours. Sometimes patients feel immediate relief, in which case discretion should be used when returning to any activity to avoid re-injury.
*Note: Paper copies of the Patient Forms may be mailed or faxed to you upon request. When you schedule your initial appointment, please let us know your preference and we will be happy to provide you with paper forms.