- Acute or chronic musculoskeletal injury or dysfunction
- Optimize athletic performance
- Neurological pain or dysfunction
An initial Physical Medicine appointment is 90 minutes in length with approximately 60 minutes of face to face time with the doctor. After a focused intake on your problem area and a physical examination, Dr. Leslie will recommend a treatment plan that may consist of acupuncture (including trigger point therapy/dry needling with or without electrical stimulation), manual therapies such as cupping, gua sha, or sports massage, and therapeutic exercise instruction. Dr. Leslie may also recommend a Functional Medicine workup if there is evidence of an underlying metabolic factor such as chronic inflammation.
Physical Medicine follow-ups are typically 60 minutes in length. Each visit will begin with an intake and physical exam as needed to assess your current condition, and evaluate any changes. Frequency and number of follow-up visits will depend on the complexity of your case and your health goals. Longer follow-up visits with extra time for more complex treatments or shorter “maintenance” visits may be booked as you and/or Dr. Leslie see fit with fees adjusted accordingly.
- Optimize your health and physical performance
- Recover from or prevent a complex chronic illness
- Learn skills that promote quality of life as you go through the different stages of life
- Functional Medicine when and where it is convenient for you
- Personalized dietary & lifestyle plans
- Supplement and/or herbal recommendations